Road Map for Revolutionaries: Resistance, Activism, and Advocacy for All By Elisa Camahort Page, Carolyn Gerin, and Jamia Wilson is a new guidebook on how to engage in effective activism and advocacy. It uses checklists, guidelines, interviews, and case studies to help you make the changes you want to see in the world.
As marches, protests, and boycotts return to the cultural conversation in the United States and everyday people look to take action and make their voices heard, this hands-on, hit-the-ground-running guide delivers lessons on practical tactics for navigating and protecting one’s personal democracy in a gridlocked, heavily surveilled, and politically volatile country.
Whether you want to act but don’t know what to do, or you’ve been activating and want to have more impact, Road Map for Revolutionaries provides the resources needed to help you feel more safe, empowered, invested in, and intrinsic to the American experiment.
The book addresses such timely topics as:
· Why marches and protests do matter
· Staying safe at protests
· Being an ally to marginalized communities
· Protecting your online privacy
· Protecting yourself when you’re not a citizen
· Your economic vote: Boycotts, buycotts, and more
· Changing company policies right where you work
· Getting involved in your local city, county, or state politics
· Fighting for better school policies
· How to be a savvier media consumer
· Starting and sustaining a non-profit
· Keeping up the fight for the long term
· And much more…